Things to Consider While Shopping Water Filter for Ice Machine
1) How does the water filter install into the ice machine?
- Depending on the model, some water filter cartridges can be dropped into the filter, while others have to be screwed onto the filter head. Proper installation of filters is essential to having a filter effectively remove excess minerals and residue flowing through your machine.
2) Will my filter be effective immediately after installation?
- Depending on the type of water filter used, one may need to cycle water through the system for a period of time before the filter can be fully effective.
3) How many filters do I need in my machine?
- Some machines, especially those working with higher volumes of liquid, need more than one filter cartridge in order to
effectively remove impurities in the water.
4) How often should I replace my water filters?
- As a general rule of thumb, filters should be changed every 6 months. Filters should also be changed out if the water pressure drops significantly, the water smells or tastes funny, or there is a noticeable scale buildup forming on your equipment.
Without a water filter on your ice machine, you risk:
- Increased maintenance costs from scale buildups
- Particles clogging up tubes and valves
- Chlorine odor coming from machine
- Corrosion in the ice bin
- Sediment wearing down and shortening the life of pumps, valves, and seals