How Do You Ship My Order?
For items under 150 lbs we will ship using UPS. For all other items we will ship using a freight company of our choosing.
When Will My Order Arrive?
Normal delivery time for ground shipping and ground freight range from 2 to 8 business days excluding the weekends or holidays. We also provide Express delivery services for fast product delivery. Please be aware that it may take up to 48 hours to process your order before it leaves our warehouse. Transit time does not include order processing time. If you need a true overnight or expedited delivery you must contact us for a guaranteed delivery date. If the UPS rate is more than what was on your order you will be notified of the difference before the order is shipped out. Items cannot be sent out until the invoice is paid in full. We are not responsible for unforeseen transit delays unless you book the shipment with us and we confirm the guaranteed delivery date back to you. All orders placed Friday after 12pm will be shipped the following Monday.
How Much Is Shipping?
Standard Ground Deliveries: We will ship all orders under 150 lbs using UPS. Rates provided by UPS depend on your zip code and the size and weight of the total delivery. UPS rates and all other standard ground rates provided are non negotiable. These rates will be provided for you during checkout after you have entered your shipment destination information. Large shipments and expedited shipments may incur higher charges than what was shown on your order. You will be notified to pay the difference before your order is shipped out. There is a minimum $5 handling fee for all orders shipping UPS.
Standard Freight Deliveries: We will ship all orders over 150 lbs via a 3rd party freight company. For the best rates possible, we recommend that you request a freight quote. By requesting a freight quote we will be able to provide you with a price tailored to your business address.
Here is a list of freight shipment options that are not included in a standard delivery or free delivery but are available at an additional charge:
- Residential Delivery - Additional charges will be applied if freight items are to be delivered to a non-commercial address. Orders that are tagged with free shipping but are going to a residential address will be held until the shipping rates are determined. Price will vary depending on the size and quantity of the shipment.
- Lift Gate - A hydraulic gate which brings your freight item down to curbside. This is needed to lower your freight package from the truck bed, to the ground in the event that no loading dock or fork lift is provided.
- Call Notification - Used when you want the delivery person to call you to let you know they are on their way.
- Inside Delivery - Additional charges are applied if you want the delivery person to physically bring the item into your business. This does not include installation or set up.
If you require any of these additional features you must contact us to first to confirm them. We will give you any adjusted shipping charges on your invoice prior to sending out your order. Freight deliveries are typically very heavy and large. Please make sure you have adequate personnel to unload and move your item on the day of delivery.
On orders of $350 or more: Tables, sinks, and furniture, as well as international orders, orders to Hawaii and Alaska, do not qualify for free shipping.
Where Do You Ship To?
We offer standard ground shipping and standard ground freight to the contiguous United States only. We do not ship to P.O. or M.P.O. Boxes
Damaged Freight Policy
We take every effort to ensure our packages arrive to you, the customer, in excellent condition, but unfortunately packages can be lost or damaged during transit. To avoid damage/loss of items, follow this Receiving and Inspection Procedure.
1) At the time of arrival, count the number of packages and inspect the exterior of the packages for any hint of damage. If you suspect damage, do not sign the freight bill receipt prior to an internal inspection. Note shortages and all damage on the freight bill receipt. If shortages and/or damages are not reported at the time of delivery, Jean’s Restaurant Supply cannot be held responsible.
- If pallet is damaged, cracked or broken or there are visible tears, puncture holes or foot prints, open package and inspect, especially beneath the item such as legs and under carriage where damage may occur, in order to avoid hidden or concealed damage.
- Do not be rushed (driver will not leave until you sign). If the driver rushes you it is more likely your items may have damage.
- If damage is extensive, please refuse it and contact Jean’s Restaurant Supply to send out a replacement.
- If damage is cosmetic and you choose to retain it, note it on the freight bill receipt, and contact the freight company to start the claim process. Then, contact Jean’s Restaurant Supply and notify us of the situation. We will assist you in that process.
2) Once you have received your items, unpack them immediately to ensure there is no hidden or concealed damage. If you find damage, do not discard any of the original packaging. Contact the freight company immediately and request an inspection within 5 days. Have your Freight Bill Receipt available with the tracking/pro number. If damage is discovered after driver has left – the customer is responsible for filing a claim and Jean’s Restaurant Supply will not be responsible for a refund or exchange of product.
If Jean’s Restaurant Supply has mistakenly shipped the wrong item or a defective item, contact Customer Service at 1-800-840-3610 in order to obtain a call tag and we will gladly ship out the correct item. If you have received a damaged item or refused it at time of delivery, a replacement unit can be sent out provided that the Receiving and Inspection Procedure was reasonably met. Jean’s has set this policy in place to protect you, the customer.