Walk-ins & Accessories
Kason 1802 - Incandescent Vapor Proof Fixtures for Walk In Coolers and Freezers 1802000003 Base Housing Only$28.00 /each
|At Jean's Restaurant Supply we understand the importance of investing in large scale commercial refrigeration and want to help you in choosing the right walk-in cooler and walk-in freezer. If you have any questions regarding your walk- in cooler or walk-in freezer contact us and we will be happy to help you. Custom sizing is available.
||Not sure about where to start in your decision making process?
Check out our Walk-In Refrigeration Buying Guide.
Conserving Electricity with Your Walk-In
You can help conserve electricity and control your costs by putting into practice the following guidelines in the use of your Walk-ins.
- Use proper operating temperature: Setting the thermostats lower than is necessary causes a waste of electricity. If you are not sure what the proper temperatures should be, contact your dealer.
- Organize stored products to reduce how often the door needs to be opened: The fewer, shortest openings help minimize cold air loss. Don't leave the door propped open!
- Keep stored product clear of the cooking coils.
- Turn the inside lights off when no one is inside the walk-in. Lights generate heat and use more electricity.
- Use the least amount of packing material as needed. Too many materials retard the cooling process and increases the use of electricity.
- Leave space between the stored products to allow better air circulation.
- Let hot foods cool to room temperature before putting them in the walk-in: Most foods can safely be cooled to room temperature before placing them in the cooler or freezer. However if you have doubts, check with your local health official.
- Use the proper defrost cycles in freezers: Two defrost cycles are required for normal use. If you see an excessive amount of frost forming on the coils, call for service.
- Keep the compressors clean: Dirt, leaves, paper, and other matter that may build up on the compressor increases the amount of electricity used. Regularly vacuum the compressor.
Walk-Ins are a valuable asset in keeping produce fresh and ready. Learn how to best utilize your walk-in for storing fresh produce.